Home Drink Thirsty Thursday: Pineapple Mint Moscow Mules
- 4 ounces Ginger Beer
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Fresh Pineapple Juice
- 1 1/2 ounces Vodka
- Crushed Ice
- Sprig of Fresh Mint
- Wedge of Fresh Pineapple
FOR THE FRESH PINEAPPLE JUICE
- Cut off the top and the bottom of the pineapple. Then, cut the skin off the sides. Slice the fruit away from the center core and cut the fruit into cubes. Place the fresh fruit in the blender and blend on the “whole juice” setting, if available. If not, blend on high until completely smooth, adding a small amount of water if needed.
- Then, fit a mesh metal strainer over a large 8 cup sized glass measuring cup. Line it with a paper towel. Pour the pureed pineapple over the lined strainer and allow it to strain through until all the juice has made its way into the measuring cup and all that remains in the paper towel is the leftover pulp.
- Alternatively, you can juice the pineapple in a juicer according to manufacturer instructions.
FOR THE FRESH PINEAPPLE MINT MOSCOW MULE
- Fill a copper mug 2/3 of the way full with crushed ice.
- In the mug, combine 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 2 – 3 tablespoons of fresh pineapple juice, 4 ounces of Ginger Beer, and 1 1/2 ounce of vodka (omit for a mocktail. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint leaves and a wedge of fresh pineapple.