Blackberry Sage Gin Smash with Candied Sage Leaves is a deliciously fresh cocktail that really brings out the floral notes in the gin.
- 4 oz Hendrick’s gin
- 1 oz lime juice
- 12 blackberries
- 10 sage leaves
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar + more for dusting
- Club soda
- Bring 1/3 cup water and 1/3 cup sugar to a boil over medium heat. Once the sugar is dissolved, dip 2 sage leaves carefully in the hot simple syrup, shaking off the excess. Roll the leaves in a light coat of sugar and lay flat on a plate to cool and harden in the refrigerator.
- In a shaker, muddle together blackberries with 8 sage leaves. Pour in gin, lime juice and simple syrup and fill with ice.
- Shake and strain evenly between into two glasses filled with ice.
- Top with club soda and garnish with extra blackberries and candied sage leaves.