- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt divided
- 48 raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne optional
- 8 servings guacamole
- cilantro, shredded cabbage, lime wedges to serve
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Brush tortillas evenly on both sides with half of the olive oil (1 tablespoon) and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Bake for 4-5 minutes per side or until brown and crispy.
While the tortillas are baking, heat the remaining olive oil (1 tablespoon) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp evenly with remaining salt (1 teaspoon), cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika and cayenne. Sauté until shrimp become orange and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes; remove from heat.
Begin assembling tostadas by spreading each tortilla with two tablespoons guacamole. Top with 6 shrimp and optional garnishes (i.e. shredded cabbage,