Home Food Recipe of the Week: Caprese Twice Baked Potatoes
- avocado oil
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 14 cup prepared pesto
- salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- basil for garnish
- Preheat grill for indirect heat to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and dry potatoes. Rub with avocado oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Cook potatoes on preheated grill 45 – 60 minutes or until fork tender.
- Remove potatoes from grill, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop potato flesh into a bowl and mash. Combine with butter, milk, pesto and salt. Mix well.
- Spoon filling back into potato skins. Divide mozzarella and tomatoes evenly on top of potatoes.
- Cook potatoes on grill 5 – 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and started to bubble. Remove from grill, sprinkle with basil and serve.